Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holiday Hysteria

What is it about the holidays that makes us crazy? Why can't we just relax and enjoy being with family and friends that we haven't seen in months? Who cares if the bathrooms are spotless...OK, I care. Ah, there's the problem. I need to just chill out, but it's so hard when people are coming to my house for Thanksgiving. These people know me. They know I am not Suzy Homemaker. That gene thoroughly infused my older sister Dorothy and apparently skipped right over me. I didn't get any curls, either, but I'm not complaining. I'm glad I'm getting this craziness out of my system on the eve of Thanksgiving. I'll be OK by tomorrow when everyone arrives and we sit down to smoked turkey, ham, pecan pie, sweet potatoes with marshmallows and all those other wonderful Thanksgiving treats. My advice is to forget about cleaning...as long as the food is good and the TV can pick up the football game, everything will be fine! Happy Thanksgiving! And on Friday night, the Carthage Bulldogs travel to Corsicana to play Caldwell. Go Dawgs!

No comments: