Saturday, December 29, 2012

Post Christmas 2012

The Mayans had it wrong. The world did not end in 2012. The world still spins and life goes on. The year 2012 closed an important chapter in my life. My boys are both grown up. Clint graduated from high school this spring. My work here is done. When Chet died in 1995, I was afraid for all of us. I was afraid that something would happen to me before my boys grew up. Who would replace me and take on the responsibility of raising my boys? Thank God, that didn't happen. Now my job is to let go. We are supposed to raise our children and give them wings. Well, wings don't come with training wheels. Letting go means standing back and watching the winds and storms of life blow our children off course. Sometimes the off-course journeys and detours of life bring unexpected discoveries. People don't learn self-reliance when someone is always there to catch them if they fall. I know that my boys would miss me if something happened to me now, but I also know that they have the maturity to make their own way in the world. What does the year 2013 hold for us? We will have to wait and see.

No comments: